As fashion trends change, so do design trends for closet organization systems. Whether you have a closet full of the latest fashions or just want a beautiful storage and organization system for your home, Closets for Less can design the perfect setup for you. Your new custom closet in Makefield and throughout Bucks County will seamlessly blend form and function into a stunning piece that will last for years to come.
Today, fabulous closets are popping up all over as homeowners enhance their existing closets or convert spare bedrooms into dressing rooms. The most popular way to get a large stylish closet in an existing home is to convert a room that sits empty most of the time. This space has the potential to become so much more than a closet when you start to incorporate some of the latest trends.
• Larger spaces provide the opportunity for an island in the middle of the room. These islands can replace a dresser in the bedroom freeing up more space in your room.
• A seating space in the closet makes putting on shoes easier. It can be a chair, bench or ottoman. If space allows, a window seat with storage is a great idea also.
• Lighting isn’t just an overhead light. In larger spaces, chandeliers with lots of sparkle can make a statement.
• If space allows, have separate his and hers spaces in the closet. Each space can have its own character as well, reflecting the individual style of the user.
• A special place for shoes is a requirement in most closets today. It makes it easier to see all of your shoes and it makes a great visual statement also. Shoe walls with identically spaced shelves don’t take up much depth so they can usually fit into narrow spaces.
• Closets are getting more colorful including wallpaper, rugs, and paint. Make sure you add a little fun and your own personal style to your closet space. It will make going in there even more exciting.
• To keep clothes dust-free in larger open spaces, think about putting doors on select portions of the closet. Glass doors allow you to see the clothes while protecting them from dust and closed doors give the space a neater appearance.
• Murphy beds are making a comeback! With the loss of your spare bedroom, a murphy bed can quickly turn that dressing room into a guest bedroom when needed.